Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Graphics in PBO are Crap!?

Hi again everyone!
Here are as usual the latest news about Perfect Battle Online (PBO) - the great action/strategy game from Bit2logic. So what is new then?!
Well first of all we have got some positive and negative feedback. I start out with the negative.

Many people at the swedish computer games forum Loading has told us that the graphics in PBO looks like crap and asked us what kind of graphic designer we have anyway? Well, I admit that the graphics isn´t exactly state of the art. This is because neither I or Staffan are very good at making 3D models, and there are just the two of us working with the graphics (expect for the title image in the main menu that was made by my friend Christian HÃ¥kansson, please check out our credits section for details).




I personally think that the graphics in PBO is way better than the graphics in Perfect Battle (PB1). We have added light effects to the gold, shadows, new wall textures, new energybar and plenty of other small things to give the game a greater graphic apperance. Still, as "Fudgepuppy lvl2" told us at the Loading forum, "When was strategy about graphics anyway?"

Now to the positive feedback. When I was browsing the guestbook at my personal homepage Marcus Homepage, I found a post by John Louie, stating that he loves the music in Perfect Battle. I was really happy to read this since I am the one who made all the music in Perfect Battle (and most in PBO). Anyway John, I hope you take your time to play PBO as well, since the music in PBO are way better... in my opinion anyway.

Well that is all for now. Don´t forget to write in our forums and keep tell us what you think about our games.

/Marcus Lindmark

No comments: